NEXT SEMINAR: Unfortunately due to COVID 19, PE Studies Revision Seminars will not be running in 2021. These seminars will resume in 2021. We wish you the best of luck for your ATAR exam.
SEMINAR 1: Exercise Physiology & Functional Anatomy
SEMINAR 2: Biomechanics, Sport Psychology & Motor Learning
*In the "special instructions for seller" comment box on check-out, please include:
- The name of the student attending the seminar
- The name of the school that the student attends
What to expect?
- Experienced presenter who is an ATAR Year 12 teacher, author and producer of PE Studies PowerPoints which are used by over 90 schools state wide and is the director and producer of ReviseOnline PE revision tool, used by over 60% of all students in WA (www.reviseonline.com)
- Delivery of expert PowerPoints specific to Year 12 course with application to a variety of sporting contexts.
- Examination technique, analysis of previous ATAR questions and how students should format their responses in order to maximise their marks.
- A copy of the PowerPoint notes used for each seminar attended.
- Time: 3:00pm – 5:30pm daily
- Venue: Senior Lecture Theatre, Trinity College, Trinity Avenue, East Perth
- Cost: $60/day or $100 for both – (each seminar requires minimum of 25 students to run)
- Closing date for registration and payment: Wednesday 4th September 2021
For students studying ATAR Year 12 PE Studies Course, our theory seminars offer an opportunity to revise course content through the delivery of expert PowerPoint presentations with application to practical examples. The theory seminars will be presented by an experienced Physical Education teacher and WACE marker; David Hankin who has worked at Trinity College for over 10 years. Over the past 8 years, a total of 19 students, including two Subject Exhibition Award Winners, have received Certificates of Distinction at Trinity College. Only those students that feature in the top 0.5% of the state cohort receive these awards.
About the Presenter: David Hankin
David has taught the ATAR Year 11 course for ten years and the ATAR Year 12 course for nine years at Trinity College. He has marked the WACE ATAR Year 12 written exam paper for five years and also marked the practical test for cricket for two years. He has worked for the Curriculum Council providing them with sample course outlines, assessment outlines, tests and marking keys. David has also presented theory revision seminars at Broome SHS, Carine SHS, Karratha SHS, La Salle College, Nagle Catholic College and Woodvale SHS. He has also assisted with the delivery of the ATAR Year 12 course at Methodist Ladies College.
David has been a presenter at numerous ACHPER and CEO conferences in Perth where he has delivered presentations regarding the use of PowerPoints and videos to enhance student learning.